Patterson Coaching was created by Sam & Ali Patterson from a passion to share the experience of coaching with as many people as possible. We believe that coaching is the best way to get the best out of people as it truly respects each person's wisdom, creativity and resourcefulness, and gives people time and space to focus on and connect with what's important to them. Coaching is a thought provoking and creative process that inspires people to maximise their potential in work and life - we love seeing people move towards their goals with clarity and confidence.
We offer individual, corporate and team coaching as well as run workshops to train leaders to use coaching skills to grow stronger, more connected teams resulting in better outcomes for their business. As part of the faculty for Health Coaches International coach training school, we're passionate about delivering quality educational programs to develop highly respected coaches who, through their partnering with clients, will change the landscape of the health care sector and improve the health and well-being of our community.
Our coaching philosophy
These key points best summarise our coaching philosophy:
- Coaching is a thought provoking, creative process that inspires people to maximise their potential in work and life. It is the best way to get the best out of people. It is a partnership, without any power dynamic.
- All of our clients are creative, resourceful and capable:
- Our clients know what's best for them and are the experts in their life
- Through enquiry, or creative discovery, we can find unexpected results
- Nobody needs to be ‘fixed’ – coaching is not a remedial activity
- Coaching is the time and space for our clients to focus on their own ambitions. As coaches, our role is to:
- Be a skilled guide who walks along the path with our clients, while they decide where they want to go
- Assist our clients to look forward, drawing on their strengths, values and experiences in the process
- Discover, clarify and align with what our clients wants to achieve through questions and observations
- Encourage our clients to expand their awareness through a process of self-discovery - recapturing their natural state of curiosity to enhance their capacity to learn
- Elicit client-generated solutions and strategies - we are a sounding board to help facilitate thinking
- Hold our client accountable where needed, while encouraging a stronger level of self-responsibility
- Recognise that presence is the best coaching tool that we have